PDA

View Full Version : Changing yarn

fannie
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi folks .
It has been a long time since I have been on the site or even doing any knitting . I have just picked up a pair of phentex slippers i started last year and never finished . I am determined to finish them this time. I understand again why i stopped knitting them . I HATE THIS YARN . I love the pattern and I love the slipper . Can someone suggest a yarn to use that would give me the same result as the Phentex slipper and craft yarn .My husband likes the slippers because they are nice and thick and cushiony on the feet . I just hate working with it .
Any suggestions appreciated

Jan in CA
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
I tend to use yarns like Plymouth Encore for stuff like that. What fibers do you like? And what weight do you need?

fannie
02-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I tend to use yarns like Plymouth Encore for stuff like that. What fibers do you like? And what weight do you need?
Here is the pattern i am knitting . The phentex is 3 ply olfen a very old and hard to find yarn

http://www.yarns-and.com/fabrics/Phentex/PHEslipperptn.htm

I am not very exoerienced but My mother in law used to make these and they are comfortable to wear

Jannette
02-20-2011, 07:34 AM
I made a pair of slippers out of a polar fleece yarn. I hated that stuff too. I like your pattern.

fannie
02-20-2011, 08:40 AM
The only thing good about Phentex yarn is it washes great and the slippers are very comfy and thick

Ellieblue
02-20-2011, 02:41 PM
You might use Knitpicks Comfy or worsted weight Shine.