PDA

View Full Version : I Guess I'm Spoiled...

Smee
02-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I found a sweater pattern I really really want to do, and bought some simple yarn. Just don't have the size needles I need for my Knitmates. I hit up the craft store today during lunch. No Knitmates points in the size I want, so I grab a pair of static-cable Lion Brand circulars.

Do. Not. Like.

Are the points a hollow plastic? They feel super light in my hands, and it's totally throwing me off. They'll make due, of course, until I get my Knitmates, but after that? Who knows. I'm totally spoiled to using what I have now and really liking them.

Ugh. Anyone else use these and like them? This is my first time trying their needles.

Jan in CA
02-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Never heard of those..

Smee
02-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Never heard of those..

They're put out by Lion Brand Yarn. I got these at Michael's, and I think they are going back.

suzeeq
02-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Joanne's has them too and Hancock Fabrics along with several other places. The tips seem too clunky to me, though I have have needles in all different materials.

KatzKnitter
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Michael's also carries Susan Bates aluminum circs and Clover (?) bamboo circs.

fatoldladyinpjs
02-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I saw those and thought they were cheaply made. I like wood and bamboo needles. The Clovers are great. I didn't like Addis because the cables are too thin and they kink all over the place. I spend more time unkinking them than knitting. I got spoiled on Knitpicks Harmony Wood interchangeable needles last fall. The tips are extra pointed so PSSOs and bind offs are very easy. I guess it depends on your preference. Take them back and stick with what's best for you.