PDA

View Full Version : FO: Rainbow Scarf in beaded rib stitch

Breezed
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I finally finished the scarf I was making for my bf's niece.

Here is the beginning of the project. I will post a completed picture later today hopefully. I still need to block it because it is curling along the sides, even though there is a border. I wished I had used a different pattern but I am still happy with it. It is bright, fun, and will make HER very happy, which is all I want.

I used Mini Mochi Intense Rainbow and US6.

Breezed
02-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Well my picture didn't attach and I don't have access to edit my own post. Odd.

Jan in CA
02-20-2011, 03:23 PM
That's pretty!

You can edit by clicking the edit button at the bottom of the post. Then there is also an advanced edit which will allow you to change the subject line fix photos etc. Most often people just need to fix a type or something in the text so edit is all you need.

crazykntter83
02-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Oooooooooooooh that yarn is really pretty. I might need to buy some. :) The scarf also looks really good. I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Breezed
02-20-2011, 10:12 PM
@Jan, I did do Edit and Adv. Edit but it said I didn't have permission. I have successfully edited my own posts before so I'm not sure what happned today. I even tried just editing the text and it didn't work; however, it is working now.

@crazykntter83, mini mochi IS very soft and the colors are so vibrant. I really love this yarn. I was inspired to try it after seeing it in several of Artlady's projects. When my bf's niece requested a bright rainbow scarf, her projects immediately came to mind.

Oh and I didn't get time to block it today so I will do it this week sometime and post the finished pictures.

crazykntter83
02-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I love the rainbowy type color. I'm currently obsessed with making socks, so I'm thinking I might order some to make myself a pair of socks with. :)

kmaclean
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Looks great! I love the look of mini mochi! :inlove:

MerigoldinWA
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
That is making a lovely scarf. :cheering:

noseysheep
02-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Ooooh pretty! :muah:

And love that yarn! Hmm...wonder where I can lay my hands on some of that colourful gorgeousness!....must resist...must resist...must resist!

margz3
02-23-2011, 12:10 PM
very nice! That yarn is so pretty!

CoolWool
02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
OOOH - FUN!!! Love the happy colors! Please post a follow-up pic when it's all done. I'd love to see the rest of it. :)

Breezed
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
OOOH - FUN!!! Love the happy colors! Please post a follow-up pic when it's all done. I'd love to see the rest of it. :)

I have been meaning to post pics all week. I will soon.

Breezed
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Ooooh pretty! :muah:

And love that yarn! Hmm...wonder where I can lay my hands on some of that colourful gorgeousness!....must resist...must resist...must resist!

Thanks. I'm a bad influence...look at this pretty link
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/knitting/yarn/CrystalPalace/MiniMochi.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=13515

OffJumpsJack
02-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Great color! What pattern did you use? I'm looking forward to the pictures of the finished scarf.

Breezed, you are not alone in lacking "permission to manage attached photos." I have that same issue (if I have correctly understood your phrase, "don't have access to edit my own post" correctly) when editing a post with attached images.

Recap of the dialog:

Well my picture didn't attach and I don't have access to edit my own post. Odd.

That's pretty!

You can edit by clicking the edit button at the bottom of the post. Then there is also an advanced edit which will allow you to change the subject line fix photos etc. Most often people just need to fix a type or something in the text so edit is all you need.

@Jan, I did do Edit and Adv. Edit but it said I didn't have permission. I have successfully edited my own posts before so I'm not sure what happned today. I even tried just editing the text and it didn't work; however, it is working now.

@crazykntter83, mini mochi IS very soft and the colors are so vibrant. I really love this yarn. I was inspired to try it after seeing it in several of Artlady's projects. When my bf's niece requested a bright rainbow scarf, her projects immediately came to mind.

Oh and I didn't get time to block it today so I will do it this week sometime and post the finished pictures.

Jan, I've run into the same issue with lacking permission to manage attachments of a post when editing. It seems you can not use the "Attachments" paper clip icon and neither edit nor advanced edit makes any difference with this issue. Oh, I think you pointed this out in your thread "How to Post a Photo (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1118273#post1118273)" (5,6). Can we use the "Insert Image" (yellow square with "mountain under sun" icon when editing our previous post?

I did find that in user setting you can manage your attached images, but I suspect deletion there would remove an image from one or more posts. I think I need to explore attached image management and get some screen caps.

noseysheep
02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks. I'm a bad influence...look at this pretty link
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/knitting/yarn/CrystalPalace/MiniMochi.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=13515

:inlove:

You are pure evil! :teehee:

And they ship outside of the US....:yay:

ArtLady1981
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
I love Mini-Mochi yarn, especially for scarves...and the rainbow colorway is my all-time fav! Great job!!! I know you're just loving it!!!

Breezed
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow, I must be losing my mind. I thought I posted the final pictures a week ago and just realized I didn't. It's really much prettier in person; my cam phone sucks and doesn't really make the colors and detail pop.

salmonmac
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow!
It's one of the most beautiful rainbow yarns I've ever seen. Lovely knitting, perfect project. Who wouldn't be delighted?

Clarity
03-31-2011, 06:24 AM
What gorge yarn, and you created the perfect pattern to show it off. Hadn't heard of the stitch before, so initially thought there were beads I couldn't see.

Jan in CA
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Oooo pretty!

CoolWool
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Yay - you finished it - and it looks AWESOME!! Too fun! :yay: Thanks for posting a follow-up pic.