PDA

View Full Version : pattern problems

sdumasw
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello,

This is my first time posting, I have a question in regard to my pattern. I have been knitting this project for too long I do not understand how to shape the neck of this sweater jacket. Can some one help me understand the following passage?

"K24, join a 2 more strands of yarn and bind off 24 sts, k21. Working both sides at once each with 2 strands of yarn, bind off 2 sts at each neck edge. Bind off remaining sts."

My problem is not interpreting the abbreviations but in trying figure out how to work both sides at once. This is just the back piece I haven't progressed beyond this pt. Help please.

suzeeq
03-01-2011, 12:12 PM
You'll have two different sets of yarn, the original that you knit 24 sts with, and the one you join to BO the center sts (check that it's 21 sts, because you should have the same amount of sts for each shoulder). After you BO then finish the row with the new yarn, turn and work the WS. When you get to the bound off sts, drop that yarn and take the original yarn, BO 2 sts and finish the row. Turn and work the RS, drop the yarn, take the other and BO 2 sts then finish the row. Repeat.