PDA

View Full Version : Bee stitch rolling like stockinette?

HollyP
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi, I knit a scarf for the Special Olympics. I did Bee stitch (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/beestitchcloth.html) with 3 garter stitches on each side as a border. It is rolling like crazy. I've used bee stitch before and never had any problems like this. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks!

kittykins
03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Wish I could help with your problem, but I don't have the answer. I did however want to thank you for the link to the bee stitch which lead me to the great link explaining "knitting the stitch below". I'm sure one of the masters here will be able to help you out. Good luck! Jeanie

Jan in CA
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I found one other person that mentioned it on Ravelry. They said they added a garter border to prevent the rolling. Maybe it's normal.

suzeeq
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm doing a scarf in this stitch on the bias and it doesn't appear to be curling up, but I just started the straight section so there's not a lot of straight length to it yet. It's really kind of garter stitch based so it shouldn't be.

Try knitting a sample without the garter border, maybe that's causing it. Also check your tension, if it's a little tight, that may do it as well.

Michaele
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Doesn't this pattern make increases like mad? I don't understand how you can k1 below without k2tog afterwards. It would seem that the work would get wider.

Michaele
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Aw, nevermind. I watched a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewQ06ine1M

Debbie
03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I knit scarves for Special Olympics, too! I think it is the Red Heart Super Saver yarn ... every single scarf I have made rolls some, no matter what stitch I use. Even "straight garter" turns in on the edges. I can't wait to find out what the new colors are for 2012 ... they are supposed to announce them in April, which is very early compared to usual !!! I am tempted to find the exact colors in some other yarn ... just sayin ...

suzeeq
03-08-2011, 05:34 PM
No, it's not the k1below increase, just knit in the stitch below.

I finished my scarf and it doesn't roll, maybe you're knitting tight.