PDA

View Full Version : Patterns and Kindle

Doublereeder2
03-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I just sent a PDF pattern to my Kindle. How cool to be able to use it to knit - and if I lose a (paper) page, I can continue on. :woohoo:

etoilechaude
03-05-2011, 03:38 AM
SO good to know!!!!! I JUST bought one for my partner for his birthday (this Sunday) and I'm already kind of envious of it! He hasn't even seen it yet lol. I've been thinking I'd rather have an iPad because I'm not an avid reader... but being able to use a Kindle for knitting would really be worth it to me... especially considering the price differences!

TrikkeAddict
03-05-2011, 07:32 AM
I use the iPad for reading patterns - never even thought to send them to my Kindle!! Thanks for the idea - could come in handy some day!!

closingstitch
03-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I just sent a PDF pattern to my Kindle. How cool to be able to use it to knit - and if I lose a (paper) page, I can continue on. :woohoo:

Do you have to get a special cord to connect to the computer. I have a Kindle but did not know about sending this kind of thing to it.

CoolWool
03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Great. Now I'm wanting a Kindle. :nails:

mamapaulsel
03-06-2011, 08:16 PM
What pattern did you send to your kindle? I have a kindle and love it. Now I can use it for both addictions!:teehee:

luvmykid28
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I save PDfs to my Nook Color and love it.

cacunn
03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
I have a Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet (the poor man's IPAD) It can read PDF files and I have a couple of patterns on it.

Doublereeder2
03-07-2011, 10:15 AM
It is a PDF file as many downloadable patterns are.

Closing Stitich - I just emailed it to my Kindle address and when I synced via the wireless, over it went. :happydance: I suppose you can put the file on your computer and transfer via the USB cable as well. You can find your email address on the Amazon site and allow it to accept your regular emails. (In the "Manage Your Kindle" section)
Mamapausel - it was Featherweight Cardigan (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/featherweight-cardigan) by Hannah Fettig.

kmaclean
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I love my kindle for this reason! I put almost all of my knitting patterns (that I'm currently using) onto it, and that way I always have them with me. I can carry several patterns with me without worrying about pages getting lost or crumpled .... I know that everything's always in one place.

Kindle's come with a USB power cable, so you can just connect it to your computer that way to transfer files or you can do it wirelessly as one of the pre-posters mentioned. Either way, it's very simple! :woohoo:

Doublereeder2
03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I think it is an interesting juxtaposition - the ancient craft of knitting and today's technology.

margz3
03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Yay!! I just bought a Kindle on Saturday and though I know you can download pdf's, I never thought of being able to transfer patterns to it! Thanks for the tip of sending to your Amazon email and syncing .... I have to give it a shot! Since I just bought it and have only set up the basics (and downloaded one book) I haven't played with it enough yet! LOVE this tip!!! Now I really know I will get my money's worth!

tammie52
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
got a book reader altho i can download a few books to it, i wouldnt know how to download patterns to it, can any one point me in the right direction of doing this thanks. tammie

cacunn
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Tammie52

What type of book reader? The process differs between readers.