PDA

View Full Version : Lion Brand afghan

lgoddard
03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Just a followup to the afghan labeled "for the nieces and nephews." This is the first one I made which I kept for myself. The color is reallly a deep cranberry but looks sort of purple here. If anyone seriously wants a fast large afghan this pattern is just that. Lion Brand 90332AD free pattern. I just wanted you to see it in a different color than the cream I posted earlier. I should have taken a closer shot, the pattern is harder to see with the dark color here.

salmonmac
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
It's as lovely as the cream! I'm glad you saved out one for yourself. Beautiful work.

JudyD
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Just a followup to the afghan labeled "for the nieces and nephews." This is the first one I made which I kept for myself. The color is reallly a deep cranberry but looks sort of purple here. If anyone seriously wants a fast large afghan this pattern is just that. Lion Brand 90332AD free pattern. I just wanted you to see it in a different color than the cream I posted earlier. I should have taken a closer shot, the pattern is harder to see with the dark color here.

If you click on the photo you get a slightly larger view and the pattern is more visible, especially the lower border. Love the pattern and the color!
Judy

Jan in CA
03-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Pretty!

ArtLady1981
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Oh yes! I love it! I appreciate the simplicity of the patterning! I've always liked basketweave and block patterns for afghans. Great job!

kmaclean
03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
great job ... it looks beautiful! :yay:

lgoddard
03-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Oh yes! I love it! I appreciate the simplicity of the patterning! I've always liked basketweave and block patterns for afghans. Great job!

Thanks, I really love the actual color of this one. I really enjoy the basketweave too, something I can pretty much just work on and not pay too much attention to and as I have said in the other posts this was such a fast pattern with the big needle and bulky yarn. Of course by the time I finsh them all for the nieces and nephews it will probably be in the 90s! Haaaaaaa, well they will have them for next winter. Thanks for looking

MerigoldinWA
03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
It looks cranberry on my screen and with the slight enlargement I can see the pattern a bit. It looks very nice. Good job on it. :thumbsup:

TEMA
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Love the cranberry... such a beautiful afghan! When I enlarged it, I got to see the lovely trim at the bottom of it as well and, of course, the basketweave... beautifully done! :inlove:
TEMA :thumbsup:

margz3
03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Super job - I LOVE :heart: the cranberry color!