PDA

View Full Version : Odd yarn holder, and I'm a dork :-)

Microwench
03-10-2011, 01:21 PM
So here is me new 'yarn holder'. I knit in my car on my lunch hour, and was tired of chasing my yarn ball all over the passenger seat.
Cupholder works great!

Second picture is proof that I forget things in less time than it takes to learn them the first time.

The bottom of that dishcloth is what I was doing when I thought I was purling. I (for the second time) have been wrapping the yarn the wrong way around the needle.
I wondered last night why purling was so hard, it had been easier before. I pulled up the purling video here and went DUH!:doh:

So the purling I did to finish the cloth looks muuuuch better...lol.

suzeeq
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey, if it works, it works.

Jan in CA
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
As Sue said..whatever works! I usually use center pull balls so that doesn't happen, but on the few times I've pulled from the outside I use a bowl or even just keep the yarn in my knitting bag.

suzeeq
03-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Even the center pulls can run around on you though.

Jan in CA
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Even the center pulls can run around on you though.

The only time I've had them not behave is if the yarn is stuck and I give it a yank. I've been lucky I guess. ;)

EdTheKnitter
03-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I like to use brown lunch bags. On the outside I write the project name. Inside I have my yarn, center pulled. This way the yarn stays clean and I can drop this lunch bag anywhere to work on my project. I also place inside any other tools I may need. :grphug: :knitting:

TrikkeAddict
03-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Some of my projects I keep in a ziplock bag - that way when I have to put my knitting down I just put it back in the ziplock and don't have to worry about it getting dirty. The 2.5 gallon Hefty bags work great for holding yarn and WIP!!