PDA

View Full Version : dropped stitch at end of row?

SallyG
03-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi all! Can anyone help? I'm knitting a Cardigan in stocking stitch and a loop has suddenly appeared at the end of a row suggesting I've dropped a stitch, but I've still got the correct number of stitches. Have I managed to miss a couple of rows while holding on to the one stitch? I've unpicked a coule of rows but probably just moved the problem down lol! Help! Slightly confused.

suzeeq
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Is it a separate stitch or just a loose end of row stitch? They can be really loose, especially when you work down to a previous row.

SallyG
03-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Is it a separate stitch or just a loose end of row stitch? They can be really loose, especially when you work down to a previous row.

I'm not really sure - but it's the first time this has ever happened in all my 3 months of knitting lol! It must be just loose, cos I've still got all my stitches, what do you think? And I have unpicked and re-knit it a couple of times...

suzeeq
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
It's probably just loose then. At the beginning of a row, work the first st, then pull the yarn a bit and do the next couple sts a little tighter. That helps keep the last st from being quite so loose.

SallyG
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok will do. Thanks ever so much for your time and help X

Sheri
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
How far down is it? I tend to frog back. Are you slipping the first stitch or knitting the first stitch? Will this be be seamed and if so it won't show.