PDA

View Full Version : what does "close cable loop" mean?

knitab
03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
What does "close cable loop" mean when doing cables. It says ccl.
Thanks

suzeeq
03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Can you give us a link to the pattern? Usually it would be explained in the pattern, either in the stitch notes or the first time you do this. If there's no link, can you type in a couple of rows that included this term.

RochesterKnitter
03-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I found this. Hope it is what you are looking for.

decrease 4(close cable loop): on WS, slip next two sts to right needle; pass first slipped st over second slipped st and off needle; pass remaining slipped st on right needle back to left needle; slip second st on left needle over first st on left needle oand off left needle; slip next two sts to right needle; pass first slipped st over second slipped st and off needle; pass remaining slipped st on right needle back to left needle; slip second st on left needle over first st on left needle and off left needle; knit the remaining st on left needle. on RS, work as above, but purl the remaining st on left needle.

knitab
03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Close cable loop
ccl, ccl
close 4 sts.

This is from the key but I'm afraid it is still as clear as mud to me.

suzeeq
03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Did you read post 3? Sounds like she found it.

knitab
03-18-2011, 08:31 AM
yes, I did see post 3 and I copied it and have it right with my knitting. I decided I will do a practice and see if it looks okay before going the actual item.

I believe I thanked the person who posted 3 but I am new so if the thank you did not go thru, thank you post 3 and thank you, too.

suzeeq
03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
You did thank them, if you look at that post underneath it says "The Following User Says Thank You to RochesterKnitter For This Useful Post:" and your name is in the big box next to it.