PDA

View Full Version : Tension

ar5291
03-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I am a first time knitter and I am working on a simple scarf. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or advice on how to keep the same tension on every row. I am finding that despite having the same number of stitches in every row, the rows are not even.
Thanks!

Jan in CA
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
New knitters often have trouble with tension. It really just takes practice so keep going and it'll come as you become more comfortable with the process. :)

Breezed
03-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Jan is right. I am still new to knitting. My tension was terrible at first but I just kept practicing. It's much better now but I still need plenty of work to perfect it.

okckwilter
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Yep, what Jan said. I'm also a very new knitter and at first worried terribly about how bad and uneven my tension. Concentrate first on getting comfortable with the mechanics of making the stitches and your tension will even out. I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy the process and let the rest come.

ArtLady1981
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
From what I've seen, and experienced...new knitters will have better control of their knitting,
and their tension, too, by using bamboo or other wood needles rather than shiny, slick metal.