PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this weather?

fatoldladyinpjs
03-23-2011, 10:53 AM
What is with this Midwest weather? Iowa had tornadoes. Wisconsin got hit with a blizzard. It started snowing and sleeting yesterday. We had snow with thunder and lightning. Today the snow is really coming down. Schools have all been closed. We had to get dug out of our driveway and we live in the city. We had 50 degree temps last week. What did it is that I was thinking of putting my winter clothes in storage. All my fault!

TrueIconoclast
03-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Not sure what's up with your weather. California has been kind of unstable too.....in the mid '70's - low 80's one week (I know, SoCal is spoiled for 80 degree weather in the winter), and then BAM, we're hit with a warm storm from the south. Warm weather comes back, and then next thing you know, here comes the cold storm from the north.

Maybe that explains the tornadoes - I know there are cold winds and warm winds coming from north and south off the SoCal coast, the Doppler radar says that they moved east after they hit us.

Hope your weather gets better!

forego1
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in Wisconsin. It's been awful. I hate winter so much and am dying for spring to truly arrive. It's below freezing outside yet again. ICK.

suzeeq
03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
It's normal for weather to be all over the place in March - sun, hail, rain, sun, snow sun... all in the space of 4 hours and sometimes accompanied by lightening.

offgridgirl
03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Yup...the weather that passed us last week is what you getting now. Cold, wind and rain/snow! UGH!

On the good side, we have had sun and warm temps for the past few days so you should see that weather later on this week!:cheering:

brightspot
05-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Our weather was still like that at the end of April. We got snow last week. Spring in Northern Idaho has intense weather. The only way you can tell what the weather is really going to be like is to stick your head out the door. Within 20 minutes you can have sun, rain, hail, snow, warmth, and freezing cold, lol. It is seriously nuts. We keep a pair of snow boots and a pair of sandles along with a jacket in the trunk to be prepared. I went into the store last week with barely a cloud in the sky. When I came out it was snowing so hard that I wasn't sure if I was going to make it home or have to pull over and wait it out. It was the most intense snow driving I have ever done and I have lived here 7 years. :shock:

suzeeq
05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Yep, that's spring in No Idaho!!! I lived there for over 20 years. In central WY it's a lot like that too.