PDA

View Full Version : WIP Easter Bookmarks

Clarity
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Having crocheted a necklace for a friend's birthday earlier, I was in the mood to make other items that will fit in a small envelope. My mum wanted me to sew a crochet appliqué I made her onto a basic garter bookmark that I also made her, which gave me the idea to do the same thing all in knit for a couple. I copied my pattern off the earlier bookmark, and have just started. The pattern is 13 stitches using 2-needle cast-on, and knit until the 57th row (28th ridge plus 1 rs row), then bind off. I'm using sugared almond shades of silk for one, blubell acrylic for the other. The flower pattern is from For the Love of Yarn spring '06, and I'm sure there's a link to it somewhere. It's a single row with lots of bind-offs, and I haven't tried it before. I'm going to make the flower for the silk bookmark in the acrylic and vice versa, so it makes them more of a pair.

Clarity
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Took a photo at row 22, cos the yarn is so pretty. Second bookmark will be in purple silk so that it's all the same fibre. Tried to take a better photo, but my camera went bad. I love my interchangeable needles, they make such a great mini pair. Just have to avoid moving too near the back.

TEMA
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh my, that yarn is so beautiful!
How nice for someone to rec that in the mail... a little gift, hand-made for a special someone... It would bring a smile to anyone's face.
TEMA:yay:

dturner
03-29-2011, 09:22 PM
That's a great idea! The Easter colors are lovely!

Clarity
03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
Ty both. I finished both, then adding flower to the first stretched it so it was longer than the needed 6 inches :( So I didn't put it on the second, and traded the first to my mum so put in one she made earlier. The yarn pictured is Colinette Tao silk, and the shade is called Sweet Dreams. It's so very soft, as any decent pure silk should be. I bought a creative yarn pack, and this was one of the 3 colours. D, my surname is also turner

ArtLady1981
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Beautiful yarn! Great idea, too!

Clarity
04-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Ty hon. You're lovely and encouraging. I'll have to make some as my on-the-go project when I finish the current one. I've been looking for knitting to fit in my handbag