PDA

View Full Version : Help with Neck and Head knitting

ladydiver45
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Good Morning,
I am knitting a Scottish Terrier from Knit Your Own Dog, easy to follow patterns.
I am at the Neck and Head instructions of Row 1 where it says with RS facing K10 from spare needles of Right Side of Body then K 10 from spare needle of Left Side of Body=20 stitches.
Row 2 purl.
My question:what do I do? Are these knit on separate needles or do you knit the two on one needle, but then they would be offset...help!! What am I missing???
Respectfully awaiting some help......

RochesterKnitter
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I have not seen the full pattern, or the FO...

but it sounds like you are to divide the total sts into three different sections at this point, and connect the first and last section. resulting in 20 sts on a second needle (and whatever is left on the initial needle). This would best be acomplished by having the original sts on a circular (allowing you to "magic loop") or dpns (allowing you to fold/collapse the dpns) so you can bridge your working yarn across the middle sts.

It might help to know if you are currently working in the round or flat, and to give a few more rows of the pattern above and below the line in question.