PDA

View Full Version : My Motivation

Clarity
03-31-2011, 06:40 AM
I went a bit overboard and got lots of yarn and 3 kits from colinette.com late November. Because the kits had no description on site, I didn't know what would be knit and what would be crochet. So I ended up with a Mulberry Wrap kit to knit when I couldn't even cast on. I taught myself to cast on and do the knit kit, then ran into trouble adding in the second colour. It has taken me up to now to feel confident knitting in 2 colours and thicknesses, but I'm doing it. :) It's also my first time doing twisted drop stitch, which I love. Taking me a while, as I found that doing it when feel too unwell leads to lacy stitches sliding off. There will soon be pics. I love that the kit came with a tote and pattern book, and the mix of solid cool yarn and lacy warmth is tactile heaven.

crazykntter83
03-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Can't wait to see the pics!!! :)

Clarity
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
:muah: Should probably do a bit more first. Not a lot to it yet, as am also working on: belted crochet jacket in rainbow chunky tape yarn, flat knitted hat that will decrease to fit head, Easter appliqué to make a card, worsted wool wrap, circular knitted snood, lacy sock yarn stole, scrap yarn scarf, and anything else I pick up. I'm also reclaiming some lace yarn ATM, and waiting on some dk to triple up for a scarf. I have many uses planned for the tape yarn, as it's a 3kg cone I've only used for a beanie and lil bag previously.

Once I've knitted enough shawl to show the drape well, there will be pics