PDA

View Full Version : My "Duffers"

margz3
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I just finished these - a VERY quick knit (and I am not a quick knitter) They are comfy and warm! I think I would prefer them to be slightly more felted. Will toss them in the washer again and see. I used Lion Brand Alpine Wool - they came out very fuzzy after felting, so I used my hubbys hair clippers to "shave" them. I love the embroidery embellishments that many on Rav have given them. If I get up enough guts, I may give it a try. I ordered some WOTA from KP on Friday so I can make more of these, they were so much fun to knit....and such instant gratification - my favorite kind of knit item :) I have large feet, so I increased the cast on to 68 sts and they came out just right. Link to the pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/duffers-19-row-felted-slippers

Pre-felting:

FO, post felting and shaving. Well, camera angles mean alot...my ankle looks abnormally wide in the second picture here!

noseysheep
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Love, love, love these! They're gorgeous :inlove:

Jan in CA
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Those are very cute! Are they hard to keep on your feet?

margz3
04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Those are very cute! Are they hard to keep on your feet?

Suprisingly no, Jan. I kind of thought they might be, but I didn't lose them once last night! I did knit a couple of extra rows at the top (in the contrast color). I actually may try it again with even a couple more rows and another round of decreases to bring them up a bit higher, but they really do stay on!

salmonmac
04-06-2011, 05:41 AM
What neat looking slippers! Great job and thanks for the pattern link. Enjoy!

Debkcs
04-07-2011, 05:47 AM
I've been looking for an easy slipper pattern that I could modify for my broken up feet; this pattern looks perfect, thanks.

WandaT
04-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow! Love how these came out!! Beautiful colors!

Breezed
04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Those are really cool. Love 'em. Great work.

ArtLady1981
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Very cute slippers! I went ahead and put the pattern on WORD and saved it to my Desktop! This slipper is too cute to miss out on!

I agree, I like some of the embroidered embellishments, too! Also the little flap with a button over the top of the toe, it's also real cute. Looks like the French Press Slipper!

margz3
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Very cute slippers! I went ahead and put the pattern on WORD and saved it to my Desktop! This slipper is too cute to miss out on!

I agree, I like some of the embroidered embellishments, too! Also the little flap with a button over the top of the toe, it's also real cute. Looks like the French Press Slipper!

Yes, I think some people adapt the French Press Slipper to this pattern. I don't yet have that pattern, but I thought I might try and figure out on my own how to add the flap.'

I really like this pattern! I have another pair OTN now - my daughter and her roommate have both requested pairs. Such instant gratification! I am a pretty slooooowww knitter, but can manage to get one slipper done (seaming and weaving in of ends included) in an evening. I see making alot of these for Christmas gifts!

GrandmaLori
04-20-2011, 01:51 AM
I whipped up a pair of these, just to try them. I had bulky Plymouth Galway yarn on hand, and then around the top I had some other worsted weight "mystery" wool, which I did 1 row and the cast-off. When felted, that top row snugged in nicely, and it stays on my foot really well. I also did 4 extra rows at the top, before the bind off - to go a little higher on the foot. I wear them every night now while I watch Discovery Channel and knit. LOL

margz3
04-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I whipped up a pair of these, just to try them. I had bulky Plymouth Galway yarn on hand, and then around the top I had some other worsted weight "mystery" wool, which I did 1 row and the cast-off. When felted, that top row snugged in nicely, and it stays on my foot really well. I also did 4 extra rows at the top, before the bind off - to go a little higher on the foot. I wear them every night now while I watch Discovery Channel and knit. LOL

Great idea about switching to worsted weight for the last row and cast off! I bet it really did snug it in! I have done my daughters pair and am almost done with her roommates, and now my mom has requested them. I'm going to try that with hers :)

ar5291
04-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Those look great and super comfy!!

MoniDew
04-27-2011, 04:12 PM
super cute!! I :heart: them!