PDA

View Full Version : Special Needles

CubWhoKnits
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Hello,

I am new here and new to knitting in general. One things that appeals to me, I am not sure why, are the variety of needles. I know there are a lot of sets that are popular and inexpensive, but so far I kind of like buy needles as I need them and pick out something special.

Today I needed some double point needles for some socks I want to make and I looked through a variety of choices but just had to get some gorgeous Blue Sky rosewood needles. I hope they get a lot of use and will always signify my first complex project.

I was wondering, do you folks have any special needles? Maybe they were gifts or they just got a heck of a lot of use through their career. I always like when seemingly ordinary objects have stories, history, and emotional attachment.

Jan in CA
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
As long as you know you'll be spending a small fortune on your multiple sets of special needles that's great. ;)

I use my Knitpicks Options almost exclusively so I'd have to say no. I do have a couple cable needles my DH made me..one out of rosewood and one from purple heart and those are cool.

fatoldladyinpjs
04-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I love my Knitpicks Harmony Wood needles. They have rainbow ripples in them that always make me smile every time I knit. I think you should use what makes you happy. We have the right to indulge in in an expensive pair when we want to. We're worth it, right?

linknit41
04-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I love my Knitpicks Harmony Wood needles. They have rainbow ripples in them that always make me smile every time I knit. I think you should use what makes you happy. We have the right to indulge in in an expensive pair when we want to. We're worth it, right?

I have the Harmony interchangeable circulars, and I like them a lot--the colors make me smile too. linknit41