PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Pattern Needed

squizzer99
04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Can anyone help please, my oh would like a cable knit sweater, with a round neck,which I did promise ages ago,
I have 700g of suitable wool, 1400 mtrs, I have searched the usual sites and have only come up with one from ravelry which he isn't really keen on.
Does anyone have a pattern they would be willing to share with me please.

Thanks in advance
Squiz

Jan in CA
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
What type of sweater? V neck or crew neck? Cardigan or pullover? What weight is the yarn (worsted, DK, bulky)?

squizzer99
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi thanks for your quick response, it would be a crew neck pullover, not certain about the yarn type as I bought it in Turkey, the needle size on the label says 5mm if this is of any help.

I have only done a cable scarf and hat before which I found to be quite easy, so now I think maybe am being a bit adventurous.

A simple cable pattern would be ok

suzeeq
04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
A 5mm needle is the equivalent of US 8 which is generally used to knit a worsted weight yarn, so there should be lots of patterns. Look at www.knittingpatterncentral.com or www.knittingdaily.com Knitty. com also has some men's patterns.

squizzer99
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you, I now have a pattern, not cables but one that he likes, fingers crossed, I expect I will be asking for more help very soon,
I wish I could be clever like all of you

suzeeq
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
You'll get, we just have more experience at it than you do now.