PDA

View Full Version : slipper pattern help

alayna
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
2 part question, same pattern.

the slipper pattern i am knitting starts out working with straight needles, then you work the rest on dpns.
on the straight needles it asks for k1, p1, k1 into the next stitch, but it creates a hole, why are they asking me to do this?

on the dpns i am supposed to knit garder st, keeping the 1st and last st on needle 2 in stockinette stitch. but the stockinette is appearing on the inside of the slipper when i want it to be on the outside.

any help would be much appreciated

Jan in CA
04-29-2011, 03:04 AM
That sounds like you're making a bobble. :think: Do you have a pattern link and a name please?

If you're knitting in the round and you are knitting INSIDE the circle of knitting that's inside out. Make sure you are working on the outside. Here's a link that shows you how to hold your work.
http://www.knitpicks.com/tutorials/Knitting_in_the_Round_with_1_Circular_Needle__D116 .html

suzeeq
04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
The kpk is an increase, it's only a bobble if you work on those 3 sts only for a couple rows. You can try k yo k into the st instead, it may not stretch out the single st as much. But the yarn will relax and the hole will go away after you knit some more, and certainly when you wash them.

Garter st is made by knitting every row when you knit flat, but knitting every round in the round produces stockinette. You're knitting on the far side of the tube instead of the side closer to you, so you're seeing the purl sts which are the back of the knits. Just flip it inside out and work with the needle tips closer to you and the yarn on the R needle.

alayna
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
thanks so much i had figured the kpk was an increase, i will try your suggestion, i think my problem was with the stockinette that i was looking at the inside tube and not the outside, and perhaps thats why it was backwards.

here is the link to the pattern http://lepetithibou.blogspot.com/2010/01/gorgeous-slippers-free-pattern.html