PDA

View Full Version : I'm un-fatting

N0obKnitter
05-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I am overweight and thus, I'm going to lose some weight. I've done this before via Weight Watchers but WW = $$$$ so I'm using www.livestrong.com (MyPlate) and www.3fatchicks.com.

I'm telling everyone my weight when I weigh-in, to keep me "honest." If you want my livestrong URL PM me for it.

Today I weigh 182.2
(On April 28th I weighed 185.)

I'm 5'8.5" and I had a baby almost 3 months ago..

suzeeq
05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
You may still have some baby weight on you, but that will drop off over the next several months fairly easily. But good for you. Some advice - don't weigh every day, it'll fluctuate up and down and could make you feel like you're not getting anyhere, just weigh in once a week. Then you'll see a steady drop over time.

Jan in CA
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I need to get back on the bandwagon, too! I use http://www.sparkpeople.com. It's nice there's so many online, tools! Good luck!

Btw..I'm one of the people that prefer to weigh every day. I find it keeps me on track better. The fluctuations are normal and I don't panic. What I always look for is a downward trend and as long as it's doing that I'm fine. Do what works for you though.

fatoldladyinpjs
05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I only weigh myself when my clothes start to fit loosely. I eat everything, but cut down on the portions. Eliminated snacking at night gradually. I've lost 45 pounds and 6 dress sizes so far.

Jan in CA
05-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Wow, congrats fatoldladyinpjs!! BTW...do you have a real name or simpler name to type out? :lol:

N0obKnitter
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I only weigh myself when my clothes start to fit loosely. I eat everything, but cut down on the portions. Eliminated snacking at night gradually. I've lost 45 pounds and 6 dress sizes so far.

You're going to have to change your username. :D :cheering: :yay:

saracidaltendencies
05-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I too use Sparkpeople to track calories, and I use a treadmill 5 days a week, though I haven't used it in the past 2 months 'cause we've all been so sick...I changed my eating habits in January and have lost 18 pounds since then (though I've probably gotten a few back since my "routine" has been so out of whack...lol).

fatoldladyinpjs
05-03-2011, 09:58 AM
My real name is Cindy.

pixie91075
05-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Don't worry and keep at it. I've lost over 50 pounds in the last year... slow and steady is the only way to go. I think if I had done something more drastic I wouldn't have the continued success that I've enjoyed. Today I'm 223 and I'm 5'6"... However, because of the type of weight I'm carrying (muscle vs fat) that 223 on my 5'6" frame is pretty slim all things considered. I hope to get down to 145 by this time next year... that's the plan anyway.

fatoldladyinpjs
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
You just had a baby a few months ago. Your uterus is shrinking and your body is going through changes to get back to normal. I wouldn't start to worry about the weight for a few more months. You have an excuse. I take it this is your first baby. You shouldn't realistically expect to lose weight until the baby is six to nine months old. You'll need the extra pounds to keep up with the demands of a newborn.
*A mom of four, all adults now. My oldest, my daughter, and my identical twin sons are 15 months apart. Trust me, you'll need all the fat/energy you can get.

N0obKnitter
05-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I put on weight *after* he was born lol. I'm eating around 2000 calories per day and eating lots of fruit and vegetables and virtually no "junk." The weight is flying off me and I feel awesome!!! 5lbs down as of today. :woohoo: