PDA

View Full Version : Sheep fleeces for barter?

NebraskaGal
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have any sheep fleeces that they would consider working out a deal for?

I would love to offer a portion of the finished yarn for each fleece, like a barter. Unless you are selling them for very cheap.

I will take fleeces of any size and condition. The condition will play a part in the arrangement, naturally.

I will also consider making a deal for rabbit hair, alpaca wool, mohair, etc... Anything that you have that I could spin and you are willing to barter.

Thank you sooo much!!!

mullerslanefarm
05-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Yup, she's been bitten by the fiber bug. No turning back now!

NebraskaGal
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
He he, what can I say :) . I am on a role and I don't want to stop! A friend of mine lent me her drum carder and it sure beats the hand ones, it goes so much faster. I am almost out of wool and I am hoping to find more before I run compleatly out.

mullerslanefarm
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Do you know about Carol Lee at The Sheep Shed? http://thesheepshedstudio.com/

A lot of her wool is mill ends from the Brown Sheep fiber mill.

NebraskaGal
05-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't know if a large business like that would be willing to barter for fleeces. And I don't have alot of money to spend on wool, but I have tons of time on my hands for spinning so I thought if there was someone out there who had lots of wool and no time to spin than we might come to an agreement of some kind. Thank you.