PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Crochet Books for Lefties

ABC's Mom
05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Anyone know of a how to book for more complicated stitches for lefties?
I'm tired of having to transpose everything and hoping it comes out looking like it's supposed to. Sure would be nice if the crochet pros would publish a book for lefties with more than just the basic stitches.

Antares
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Hmmm . . . I'm not familiar with a crochet book for lefties, but once you learn "the basics," why would you need a more advanced book? All the patterns (from simple to very complex) I've ever seen use basic stitches.

What stitches are you needing to see?

DogCatMom
05-13-2011, 04:42 PM
The Crochet Guild of America (www *dot* crochet *dot* org ==> select "Resources" then "Crochet Left Hand") has a series of illustrations which may help. (I can't put the url directly in b/c of forum restrictions; ironically, I registered specifically to guide you to the illos! but am prohibited from posting links/urls until I've posted more messages. Oh, well....)

They're drawn specifically for left-handed crocheters. I know that there is at least one book on the market for left-handed crochet work but can't think of its name right now. Sorry; will post back when/if it comes to me!

DCM