PDA

View Full Version : Felted bag pattern with handle through tote?

tothaisland
05-08-2011, 01:17 AM
I was in a LYS and saw a beautiful felted tote. The handle was not like an I cord, it was knitted flat like the bag. The one handle on one side of the bag poked through a slot on the other side of the bag. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I would love to make it, but can't find the pattern. The woman in the shop said she thought it was a Booga Bag, but we couldn't find it in her selection of patterns. Can anyone help me? That would be a great project for my next one! Thank you and Happy Mothers Day to all mommies out there young or older!!:knitting:

Jan in CA
05-08-2011, 02:22 AM
There's been thousands of Booga Bags made. ;) They come in various sizes, but the only free one is the basic one. The handle is an icord, but you can probably alter it to whatever you want and make the holes for the handle accordingly.

Basic one -
http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

tothaisland
05-08-2011, 02:29 AM
There's been thousands of Booga Bags made. ;) They come in various sizes, but the only free one is the basic one. The handle is an icord, but you can probably alter it to whatever you want and make the holes for the handle accordingly.

Basic one -
http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

Dont know if this is correct etiquette or not, but I went to Ravelry and scanned ALL 28 pages of felted bags, and I found one called the Lucy bag, on about page 26 or 27. There it was. So I will try to order the pattern from what information I can find out about it. Some were saying it was no longer available. Would you know the best option for fixing a felted tote with grommets in the side for the I cord handles that have pulled out? I did make a pocketed liner for it. Thank you Jan! I am heading to bed as it is 2:27 a.m. and mothers day will come early! Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers!!:knitting: :sleepy:

offgridgirl
05-08-2011, 09:41 PM
so not something like this???

tothaisland
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
so not something like this???

Howbeautiful those colors are! No mine was a square tote with silver grommets on each side. I am thinking I will put some strapping under the liner and then resew the liner over the grommets so it can't be seen. that way when I put in the grommets, they can grab onto the strapping material instead of the felted yarn and then be sturdier and support more weight. I am planning on any weight in the lining of the purse to be supported by the straps which the grommets will be pierced through and I can put the i cord handles through the new grommets. Whaddayathink? :figureditout: maybe figured it out?

tothaisland
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Howbeautiful those colors are! No mine was a square tote with silver grommets on each side. I am thinking I will put some strapping under the liner and then resew the liner over the grommets so it can't be seen. that way when I put in the grommets, they can grab onto the strapping material instead of the felted yarn and then be sturdier and support more weight. I am planning on any weight in the lining of the purse to be supported by the straps which the grommets will be pierced through and I can put the i cord handles through the new grommets. Whaddayathink? :figureditout: maybe figured it out?

I meant resew the liner over the strapping material so it can't be seem, but the new grommets can bite through and hold onto the strapping instead of the felted material which gives a tad anyway!