Jan in CA
05-14-2011, 09:14 PM
You should be proud! It looks great!

bambi
05-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Congrats!!!! Cute socks!

Breezed
05-15-2011, 03:02 PM
For your first sock, it is perfect! I think it looks great, and I love the color. I started my first sock yesterday. I'm using the magic loop method. Did you go with dpn's or another method? I am also using the video tutorial on KnitPicks, Kelley's Sock Class. Seeing each step in action really helps me. She is very detailed, and gives such good explanations. Great job.

salmonmac
05-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Well done. Enjoy wearing the pair!

nonny2t
05-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Terrific! Sock knitting is one of those things that definitely become addictive. Great color too!

ArtLady1981
05-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Looks perfect to me! Congrats!

cacunn
05-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Even for a tenth sock that looks great. :cheering: :woot: :woohoo:

fatoldladyinpjs
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
I think you did great! Nice color, too. I like to wear my socks around the house like slippers. What I do is trace around my foot on a piece of paper and cut it out for a pattern. I use an old lightweight leather type coat that's been discarded. You can get one from a rummage sale. I cut out leather soles and stitch them to the bottom of my sock with thread. It keeps the sole of the sock from wearing out. It will keep your feet dry when you step on the porch when it's raining to get the mail or let the dog out.

Jackie M.
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
my first knitted sock, not perfect, but im so proud of myself :woot:
This is beautiful Alayna. You have every right to be proud. I'm envious. I'm scared to try a sock. Now you can walk around with one sock on until the other is finished.

cacunn
05-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Jackie M. if you can knit and purl you CAN knit a sock! There is nothing hard just new and like any new technique there is a learning curve.

There are a lot of tutorials online and a lot of people here that will help you through the learning process.

You have nothing to fear but fear it self and when in doubt you can always frog.

Jackie M.
05-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Chris....I should know that by now. After all, I did throw quite a few double pointed needles into the wall before I finally conquered them. I have made several dolls with them now. Some day....socks!

cacunn
05-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Thanks Chris....I should know that by now. After all, I did throw quite a few double pointed needles into the wall before I finally conquered them. I have made several dolls with them now. Some day....socks!

DPs are also good for replacement Chop-Sticks, in fact for those of us that are Chop-stick impaired being pointed the DPs are better for stabbing food. :roflhard: :roflhard:

alayna
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
For your first sock, it is perfect! I think it looks great, and I love the color. I started my first sock yesterday. I'm using the magic loop method. Did you go with dpn's or another method? I am also using the video tutorial on KnitPicks, Kelley's Sock Class. Seeing each step in action really helps me. She is very detailed, and gives such good explanations. Great job.

Thanks im very proud of it :)
i did use dpns, i used silvers sock class. and i recently bought i books with some nice dpns patterns. i was thinking after i practise with dpns, switching and attempting to learn with circular needles, but all in good time :)

alayna
05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
This is beautiful Alayna. You have every right to be proud. I'm envious. I'm scared to try a sock. Now you can walk around with one sock on until the other is finished.

Thanks jackie :)
dont be so scared, that i know the basics i must say im hooked :)

alayna
05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments, im already on the second sock of my second pair, and i must say hooked :)

nonny2t
05-31-2011, 06:13 AM
They look great! :yay: My first foray into sock making I made them for myself just in case they looked like crap. They didn't and I still have them. Sock knitting will become an addiction. I made a decision and joined SA (sock anonymous) to help with it! ;) :roflhard: It isn't working very well and I may need to consider rehab as I am working on a pair right now! :rofl: (just kidding of course but they do become sort of an addiction)

Doublereeder2
05-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Gosh, it looks perfect to me!!! Congratulations :yay: :yay: :yay: