PDA

View Full Version : FO: Lace cardi (crochet)

Antares
05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Yippee! I finally got this one finished. And I'm fairly happy with the end result. I did buy some very lovely wooden buttons that look very nice on, but I would have to take them off every time I wash the piece. For that reason, I opted for the plainer plastic (and washable) buttons.

When I posted this as a WIP, I was having difficulty with the broomstick lace collar. As you can see, I did manage to complete it. The directions said to use a large knitting needle to make the loops; however, that method was way too unwieldy for me. So I ended up using, of all things, . . . a broomstick! (I know you're shocked!)

Thanks for looking!

salmonmac
05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm glad you persisted with the collar. It looks great! And the broomstick was the perfect size. Beautiful sweater.

MerigoldinWA
05-22-2011, 01:02 PM
A pretty top. It looks old fashioned, which is always "in" with me. :heart: They don't call it broomstick lace for nothing. :lol:

bambi
05-23-2011, 10:11 PM
It's a lovely top!

Antares
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
A pretty top. It looks old fashioned, which is always "in" with me. :heart: They don't call it broomstick lace for nothing. :lol:

Thank you for your kind words.

Does it look old-fashioned? The jazzy model in Doris Chan's book certainly doesn't look old-fashioned wearing this cardi; of course, I probably will since I'm not in to being hip!

MerigoldinWA
05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Does it look old-fashioned? The jazzy model in Doris Chan's book certainly doesn't look old-fashioned wearing this cardi; of course, I probably will since I'm not in to being hip!

I didn't mean to imply that you would look old fashioned wearing it. Retro can look very up to the minute with the right outfit. It is cool.

Antares
05-27-2011, 09:09 AM
I didn't mean to imply that you would look old fashioned wearing it. Retro can look very up to the minute with the right outfit. It is cool.

Oh, I wasn't thinking you were. Sorry if my post implied that. I just didn't think of the top as looking old-fashioned, but I guess lace and particularly broomstick lace has a way of doing that.

And I'm just not a very trendy dresser. I'd much rather go outside and play and get all sweaty, so why bother dressing up for that?

ArtLady1981
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Very nice indeed! Crochet creates the loveliest lace!!! Great work!