PDA

View Full Version : Wrist pain

stringtheory
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm a 22 year old student, so basically I'm constantly typing or taking notes. I also love to knit and crochet. These things combine to give me intense wrist pain even when not doing those activities, and occasional numbness in my hand. Could this be the start of carpal tunnel, tendonitis or any other wrist issues? Are there any home remedies to help the pain? Thanks!

fatoldladyinpjs
05-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Well, you have to be careful here. There are laws which prohibit people without medical degrees from diagnosing or prescribing. It's called practicing medicine without a license. You need to make an appointment and consult with an M.D.

Jan in CA
05-17-2011, 01:57 AM
It's true you should be careful of information you get on the internet even from friends. So take the info as advice only and get it checked out by a professional if the problem doesn't heal.

That being said - It does sound like carpal tunnel. I've had a mild case of it and it's not fun. You can use a wrist brace and rest your hands. It can become serious though so if it doesn't get better quickly with rest see a doctor.