PDA

View Full Version : hi

knitaura
05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to this forum, so, I would like to introduce myself. I'm 13 years old and am a competitive swimmer. I started to knit when I was really young. I put it down for a while, and now I'm back into it. It's so much fun!

suzeeq
05-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi and welcome. I taught myself to knit when I was about your age or a year older.

Jan in CA
05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Welcome to Knitting Help! It's nice to have you here! If you have any questions about the forum or about your knitting let us know. :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
05-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the fold!!! :hug:

Daylilydayzed
05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. I taught myself to knit when I was in hight school many years ago. My teacher was having her first baby and I knitted a blanket for the baby and added a sleeper set and booties to it and gave it to her when the class I was in gave her a baby shower in class. She was very surprised by my gift and could not believe I had knitted the blanket. During the summer after the school year was over, I recieved a very nice thankyou letter from her.

bambi
05-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome! I am 44 and taught myself about 6 yrs ago. It IS fun!

Debkcs
05-31-2011, 02:33 AM
Hi Knitaura,

Welcome to KH, hope you find a knitting home here for a long time to come. I've been crocheting for a long time, but just learned to knit about four/five years ago when some one showed me Continental knitting. Made more sense to a lefty than the other way.

fatoldladyinpjs
05-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forum! What I like about knitting is that I'm not limited to colors and designs of hats and sweaters that the department stores offer. I can make my own using whatever colors, yarns, or fair isle techniques I can imagine. I can add embellishments and make something uniquely my own. You will get a lot of compliments about things you knit from your friends and other people.