PDA

View Full Version : Treetops Baby Blanket

ShanaHoo
05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
After a 4-month knitting hiatus (burnt myself out with Christmas presents and just couldn't walk into my craft room without cringing for a while), I picked my needles back up last month after the announcement of the 3rd baby due by this fall for my family/friends.

I finished my 1st project at work today (I've got one of those jobs with a lot of down time), not a moment too soon because my cousin's second son, Ayden Joseph, was born yesterday afternoon!

The pattern is called Treetops Baby Blanket and it is a free pattern from NaturallyCaron.comTreetops Baby Blanket (http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/treetops/treetops_1.html)

My only note is that the Spa yarn is Re-DONK-ulously soft, but it does piece apart easily. I've never knit anything so squishy and wonderful in my life: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ShanaHoo/treetops-baby-blanket

salmonmac
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
What a beautiful blanket in gorgeous colors. I love it!

JLonier
05-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Just lovely! Well done :)

Jan in CA
05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
That is so pretty!

Breezed
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
That's quite different, but it's great. I love the colors and the pattern.

Lana
05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
The pattern is called Treetops Baby Blanket and it is a free pattern from NaturallyCaron.comTreetops Baby Blanket (http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/treetops/treetops_1.html)

My only note is that the Spa yarn is Re-DONK-ulously soft, but it does piece apart easily.
I've never knit anything so squishy and wonderful in my life: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ShanaHoo/treetops-baby-blanket

That has to be one of the best blanket patterns I've seen in a long time.
Was it possible to carry the colors up the side and avoid extra ends to weave in?

I agree with everything you say about SPA yarn. I love how it feels in my fingers when knitting with it.
It has become my favorite yarn, especially for babies and young children.

It also machine washes and dries superbly.
I did a test piece after my first project using it and tossed it in a wash load of towels: hot wash, hot dry.
Also no fabric softener and it was even softer.

Very well done on your part. :yay: :thumbsup:

ShanaHoo
05-27-2011, 01:14 PM
That has to be one of the best blanket patterns I've seen in a long time.
Was it possible to carry the colors up the side and avoid extra ends to weave in?

It also machine washes and dries superbly.
I did a test piece after my first project using it and tossed it in a wash load of towels: hot wash, hot dry.
Also no fabric softener and it was even softer.

Very well done on your part. :yay: :thumbsup:

I cut each end and wove the tail in later. I thought about trying to weave them up the side, but with three colors and each stripe being about an inch I was afraid it would be too bulky. I'm thinking about doing this pattern again in more girly colors for my coworker (I don't think I've ever gifted the same pattern twice-- I love this one THAT much), and if I do I think I will try running them up the side and see how it goes.

ShanaHoo
05-27-2011, 03:02 PM
You know, I think my only negative for this project is that it calls for 4.5 oz of color A and 3.5 oz of colors B and C; the SPA yarn comes in balls 3oz skiens, so you have to buy two even though you're only going to use 1.5-.5 oz from the second skien. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the extra length. I'm thinking about making a hat and bootie set in each color to go with it.

ArtLady1981
05-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Ooooooolala! This is a gorgeous pattern! I've added it to my humongous Ravelry Queue! This design is so sweet. Simple, but a nice twist to it! Thanks for posting it! Great job!!!!

Lana
05-28-2011, 09:09 AM
I cut each end and wove the tail in later. I thought about trying to weave them up the side,
but with three colors and each stripe being about an inch I was afraid it would be too bulky.

Yup, I think you are absolutely right. :thumbsup:

I swear sometimes finishing work takes almost as much time as the actual knitting.

bambi
05-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Beautiful!

KatyDid417
05-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow, I adore this pattern! It made such an adorable baby blanket!

Lcswknits
05-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I love the colors and the pattern is amazing! Love it!:heart: