PDA

View Full Version : Miley Tee Pattern Help (c2knits)

hbsvabeach
05-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Good morning!
I'm having difficulty with a portion of the instructions in c2Knits' pattern for the Miley Tee. Is there anybody that has knit it and and can assist with the following?

After moving the sleeves onto scrap yarn and placing the hanging marker in the next stitch, you are instructed to knit for 2 inches with no mention of moving the hanging marker. After knitting for 2 inches, you are instructed to "begin gusset increases as follows: Knit to side marker, pm, remove marked stitch marker and in that stitch, pfbf (a double increase, turning 1 stitch into 3), pm. Repeat at next side marker."

The way it reads, it looks like I'm increasing in a stitch that is 2 inches below my knitting. Is this correct, or was I supposed to be moving the marker even though it is not mentioned in the instructions? Can someone please provide some clarification?
Thanks!

salmonmac
05-29-2011, 11:55 AM
This is a top-down, seamless tee. It sounds like you're working the part after the sleeves and just before to the side gussets and it seems to me that you're either working in the round or maybe back and forth from the front placket. In either case, I think you should have moved the side st marker (one at each underarm) as you were knitting the 2 inches. Sounds like it's just there to mark the side seam and show you where to start the side gussets. The rest of the pattern probably continues with increases down the sides for the gussets.

suzeeq
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe you should be moving the marker up as you knit so you can increase in the st that it's marking.

hbsvabeach
05-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks so much. This makes sense - I just needed a confidence boost as I tend to get nervous if the directions aren't explicit.

Thanks again!

suzeeq
05-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Most patterns would just have you put a marker on the needle, then say 'inc in st after marker' or something.