PDA

View Full Version : Question....

crazykntter83
06-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok so I'm making my very first shrug. I have just gotten to the part where I cast on for the sleeves. Well, I was getting ready to knit a row, when all of sudden that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the beginning of the piece, I missed a purl row. I'm not prepared to rip that far back(it's literally like the third or fourth row where I missed that row). As I said, it's my first shrug, and it's only for me, so if fixing it means ripping it, then forget it. I'll deal with wearing a shrug that there's a mistake that only I, or a fellow knitter is likely to notice. So, here's my question.... I'm wondering, is there any possible way to add the missed purl row without ripping? I know the answer is probably no, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

suzeeq
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
If the rest of your rows are in pattern and it doesn't detract at all by the row not being there, then just ignore it. The fact that you only just now noticed it means it'll be fine.

crazykntter83
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Okie doke, the thing is, is it's in the lace part of the pattern. It was supposed to be two purl rows, but I didn't notice that until later. So, I'm hoping that it'll be ok. Thank you for the advice. :)