PDA

View Full Version : mosey leg warmers help

Cherrin
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Next Round: [P2, k2] once[twice], work Back Panel over next 12 sts, [k2, p2] once[twice], k2[3], work Cable Pattern over next 54[76] sts, working pattern repeat section 2[3] times, k2[3]. This round establishes pattern for legwarmer.

i do not understand the bold. can anyone please explain it to me?

salmonmac
06-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Early in the instructions the pattern will give a word description, row by row, of the "Cable Pattern" or a chart of the pattern. If it's a chart, an area will be boxed off and that is the pattern repeat. The instructions want you to work that pattern over the next 54 sts for the smaller size with a repeat twice of the boxed area for the smaller size. The sts outside the boxed area are a "frame" for this repeat, and are only worked once.
Check and see if there is a chart and if this makes sense with it.

suzeeq
06-24-2011, 05:23 PM
There should be a chart or stitch pattern written for the Cable pattern, do that 2 or 3 times over 54 or 76 sts, whichever size you're making. This will set up how the stitch pattern goes - do the p2 k2 stitches, then 12 sts in the back panel pattern, the k2 p2 sts, and thend the cable pattern sts.

tylo
12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
so im trying round 1, and after reading EVERY post about this bloomin pattern it aint workin!

im getting so stressed and annoyed im having a breakdown!
I have followed the pattern:

[P2, K2] once, work Back Panel over next 12 sts, [K2, P2] once, k2, work Cable Pattern over next 54 sts, working pattern repeat section 2 times, k2. This round establishes pattern for legwarmer.

the cable section from the chart is only 32st..not 54, so which bit of the cable do you repeat???

NOTE: I have 26 sts left on the round

original pattern: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTmosey.html

why cant the pattern just be written in rounds only!

salmonmac
12-09-2011, 10:10 PM
"[P2, K2] once, work Back Panel over next 12 sts, [K2, P2] once, k2, work Cable Pattern over next 54 sts, working pattern repeat section 2 times, k2. This round establishes pattern for legwarmer."

The idea is to do the Cable Pattern sts 1-32 and then repeat 11-32 (the red boxed repeat) once more for a total of 54 sts.

tylo
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
:woot: so im trying round 1, and after reading EVERY post about this bloomin pattern it aint workin!

im getting so stressed and annoyed im having a breakdown!
I have followed the pattern:

[P2, K2] once, work Back Panel over next 12 sts, [K2, P2] once, k2, work Cable Pattern over next 54 sts, working pattern repeat section 2 times, k2. This round establishes pattern for legwarmer.

the cable section from the chart is only 32st..not 54, so which bit of the cable do you repeat???

NOTE: I have 26 sts left on the round

original pattern: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTmosey.html

why cant the pattern just be written in rounds only!

"[P2, K2] once, work Back Panel over next 12 sts, [K2, P2] once, k2, work Cable Pattern over next 54 sts, working pattern repeat section 2 times, k2. This round establishes pattern for legwarmer."

The idea is to do the Cable Pattern sts 1-32 and then repeat 11-32 (the red boxed repeat) once more for a total of 54 sts.

:cheering: OMG, thank you!!!!!!!!

I can finally move on with my life :woohoo: :muah: