PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Lace wrap in Twilight Mist

nonny2t
10-27-2011, 05:12 AM
We are taking a cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary next year and I am making a few things to wear. I wanted a light weight wrap just to wear to cover my arms and found this simple pattern. I haven't done very much lace work and I don't really have the time to spend on a more complicated lace pattern. It isn't a grand picture as I can't extend it out and you can't see the sparkle it has to it, but you get the idea. I keep going back and working on it when I should be finishing Christmas presents, but it just keeps drawing me back to it to work on. :rofl: The yarn sleeve said this yarn, which is mohair is "bulky" but they had to be smokin' dope when they printed the labels out as I knew it wasn't but didn't know if it was lace weight or fingering. I have a yarn wrap so I checked it and it is a fingering weight yarn. I am making a peach shell to go with it and pairing it with gray dress slacks.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6239/6285752042_843cf99bbe.jpg

Antares
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
This is beautiful! Nice job with the lace work, too! I hope you get lots of use out of it--in addition to your cruise!

salmonmac
10-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Really beautiful work. It will be lovely in combination with the shell. Enjoy the cruise!

ArtLady1981
11-02-2011, 01:52 AM
So far, so good! The very subtle yarn colors are beautiful! They transition so softly! :heart:

Woodi
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Stunning! you will be the belle of the ball on the cruise. Happy Anniversary!