PDA

View Full Version : Men's 'Andoa' Sweater pattern -- tips??

shemmin
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Hello!
I want to try to knit the 'Andoa' men's sweater (listed in the patters on this website but I think it's actually through Berocca...) but I am kind of having a hard time getting started... I bought some black acrylic yarn, with a weight of '4' (medium?), but the pattern itself calls for some kind of alpaca yarn... Do you think I'll be okay with mine? Does it matter, as long as I get the gauge to match up?
Any advice would be great, especially if you happen to have tried this pattern at all!! :)
-S

suzeeq
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
It acutally says you can use the alpaca yarn or another one called Linen Jeans, which is a rayon/linen blend for a lighter weight sweater. These yarns are both worsted weight which is the same as the '4' yarn you have so it should be just fine.

shemmin
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
...also, when it says "multiple of 6" or "multiple of 2" for the stitches, does that mean I repeat the stitches 6 times or 2 times throughout the pattern?

suzeeq
11-09-2011, 02:41 PM
No, it means the stitch patterns will have 6 or 2 sts in them. For example, the granite st is a multiple of 2 sts because on one row you k1, p1 - repeated across the row. The basket st is a multiple of 6 because you k3 p3 across the row then later switch to p3, k3 across the row. So 18 sts is a multiple of 6 because you can repeat the st pattern 3 times; it's also a multiple of 2 because you can repeat that st pattern 9 times.