PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old pattern

RoxiesEcho
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
I am trying to help my mom locate an old pattern for a baby wardrobe. She started making these back in the 60's and 70's and has made several. Now that she wants to make another one she has found that her old copy is so faded that most of it cannot be read. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Baby's First Wardrove kit by Good Shepherd

Jan in CA
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Hmm.. have you tried eBay? A short search turned up the words, but not the actual pattern.

justplaincharlotte
01-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Roxie, I just bought several lots of vintage baby patterns on eBay looking for just one pattern. Give me a couple of days to search through it and if it's in there, it's yours.

Just one question though, is Baby's First Wardrobe in a book or booklet with many patterns or is it a booklet of it's own? This will help me find it if I have it.

RoxiesEcho
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
It is a pattern in a single leaflet.

justplaincharlotte
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry, it's not in any of the lots I bought. :(

Good luck finding the leaflet for your mom!

GrumpyGramma
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
What pieces did the pattern include? Looking through patterns I came across this: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/30015AD.html. Probably not what you want, but just in case.

BonetwinA
05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I too Am looking for that same pattern. I actually have a copy but it is so old I can longer make out all the directions. My mother has made it so many times that she has it memorized.

Jan in CA
05-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I too Am looking for that same pattern. I actually have a copy but it is so old I can longer make out all the directions. My mother has made it so many times that she has it memorized.

In this case I would ask your mom to write down all she remembers. What she doesn't remember might be easy to figure out.

susiebearsie
05-14-2012, 08:29 AM
You might give this vintage pattern library a try, http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/ They have all kinds of books, leaflets and such. This one also has a lot of vintage patterns http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/
Hope this helps!

Tisharne
06-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Hi, if you are still looking for this pattern, I think it is on Trove,
It was a booklet in The Australian Women's Weekly July 12 1978, I have spent ages looking for it myself. I hope this helps. :)

sueboulerice
11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I found my copy of this old pattern. I have made it a few hundred times since I was a teenager. Did you ever find it? If so, do you have a better copy. If not, my copy is great but it is still pretty readable.

sueboulerice
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Did you ever find a good copy of this pattern? I found one that is at least 40 years old and also hard to read. Before I type it over again, I wanted to make sure that I was not doing all this work for nothing. Thanks, Sue

salmonmac
11-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi Sue, Kind of you to search out this pattern and offer to re-type it. It may take awhile for the original poster to see this or to look up the thread since it's from several months ago. You could try sending a pm which will show up if she logs in again.

Kathyldrnc
02-16-2013, 04:40 PM
I too have been using this pattern for many years. I would be glad to share it with you. Just need an e-mail address.

sueboulerice
02-16-2013, 06:34 PM
I ended up retyping it and will share it with anyone. You can't find this type of pattern any more.