PDA

View Full Version : help with YO between knit and purl st.

Misty2275
01-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm confused with the yo before knit and then changing to yo before purl, if I am asking this right you might be able to help me.
I slip 1, k2, SKP, yo, k2, p2, K7, k2tog,yo, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, yo, SKP, k7, p2, SKP, yo, k4, slip 1
I am just getting into patterns with a design in them. Have been afraid to try something at a different level, but decided I better plunge right in and work at it.
Would appreciate any help.:knitting:

Ingrid
01-25-2012, 08:08 AM
For a yo before a knit, just bring the yarn forward between the needles as if to purl and knit the next stitch. If the yarn is already in front from a purl on the previous stitch, just leave it there and knit the next stitch.

For a yo before a purl, bring the yarn forward to purl but then bring it up around the needle again and back to the front and purl from there.

MMario
01-25-2012, 09:59 AM
For a yo before a knit, just bring the yarn forward between the needles as if to purl and knit the next stitch. If the yarn is already in front from a purl on the previous stitch, just leave it there and knit the next stitch.

For a yo before a purl, bring the yarn forward to purl but then bring it up around the needle again and back to the front and purl from there.

100 % agreement.

suzeeq
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
With the yo from a purl to knit, the yarn is already in front, just take it loosely over the top of the needle to the back.