PDA

View Full Version : Adorable Baby Knitting

LoveBugAngel
02-01-2012, 06:37 PM
My cousin's wife just had a baby and they went and had a photoshoot done with her, and the first thing I noticed (after how cute the baby is) is the gorgeous little hats and blankets that she is in. I had to come show you all, I HAVE to learn to make these!

ps. please delete my thread with these photos attatched in the off topic lounge, I meant to post it here

Jan in CA
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Cute! A couple of them are crocheted I think. You can find similar patterns on Ravelry though.

justplaincharlotte
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh I just love babies! :inlove:

All of the outfits are precious, but the little teal pixie hat is to die for!

Congratulations to your cousin & his wife on their beautiful daughter. Is this the baby you knitted the blanket for?

salmonmac
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh, my, baby and hats are perfect! I love them all. Congrats to the happy parents. What great inspiration.

GrumpyGramma
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
How sweet! :heart: Congratulations all around. Baby is beautiful.

LoveBugAngel
02-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks! Yes this is the baby the blanket is for....which one is crochet? How can ya tell? I'd love to make some of these so they could put her in them whenever they wanted. Do you know if they are difficult to make?

justplaincharlotte
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks! Yes this is the baby the blanket is for....which one is crochet? How can ya tell? I'd love to make some of these so they could put her in them whenever they wanted. Do you know if they are difficult to make?

Lucky girl to have your blanket! The Elephant and the pink love bug(?) set beneath it are crocheted. Most crochet stitches, except for single crochet (looks like a knit & purl at the same time), to me look like tree trunks standing up in the stitch beneath it. I'll wager these hats are crocheted in the round using single crochet(elephant nose) and half double for head, and either double or triple crochet(pink hat). Once the basic stitches are learned, these should be relatively quick and easy projects.

I stand corrected on the pink hat, the 2 strands made the stitches look like doubles when they're not. :eyes:

fatoldladyinpjs
02-01-2012, 10:48 PM
What darling outfits! And whoever took the photos did a beautiful job. It reminds me of the Anne Geddes baby photos!

Jan in CA
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM

I believe the two on the upper left are crochet..the elephant and pink one.. ladybug maybe?

Here's a cute, free, pixie hat.
http://shescrafty.com/pdfpatterns/VintagePixieCap.pdf