PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks knitting yarn ball winder

GrumpyGramma
03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
For $19.99 this looks like a pretty good idea. Has anyone used it to know if it's worth buying? Please, any comments or opinions are welcome.

http://www.knitpicks.com/accessories/Knitting_Yarn_Ball_Winder__D80583.html

TIA

Ingrid
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
It looks a lot like the one I have, and it's really a nifty little device.

KnitPicks is very good about backing up their products, so if you're in the market for a winder, I'd say give it a shot.

janae1987
03-07-2012, 10:28 AM
i have it and absolutely LOVE it! definately worth it! i have had no problems with mine whatsoever! I say go for it!

GrumpyGramma
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for comments, I ordered it yesterday.

justplaincharlotte
03-07-2012, 11:55 PM
GG - I don't have the one from knitpicks, but I have another one just like it! Love it, love it, love it!:heart: Even more than my electric ball winder - go figure!

It would be worth checking ebay for one of these - sometimes you can get them a little cheaper than that... :muah:

justplaincharlotte
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks for comments, I ordered it yesterday.

Enjoy!

GrumpyGramma
03-08-2012, 12:10 AM
It would be worth checking ebay for one of these - sometimes you can get them a little cheaper than that...

I thought about "shopping around" but decided to just go ahead and order it. I got free shipping....:woohoo: Seriously, I figured since I was ordering why not just do it, and even if I got it a few bucks cheaper elsewhere and had to pay shipping, it would probably be a wash. That free shipping on a $50 order could be a real problem. I just waited till I had a big order I wanted to make. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Knit Picks needles and cables are interchangeable with the Knitters Pride ones.

:cool: I'm glad to know you like your ball winder, I expect it will do just fine for me.:muah:

AngelaR
03-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I just bought one. I kept meaning to do it and would never remember when I went to get yarn from the site. Thanks for the reminder.

ruvo44
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I thought about "shopping around" but decided to just go ahead and order it. I got free shipping....:woohoo: Seriously, I figured since I was ordering why not just do it, and even if I got it a few bucks cheaper elsewhere and had to pay shipping, it would probably be a wash. That free shipping on a $50 order could be a real problem. I just waited till I had a big order I wanted to make. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Knit Picks needles and cables are interchangeable with the Knitters Pride ones.

:cool: I'm glad to know you like your ball winder, I expect it will do just fine for me.:muah:

The knitter's pride points fit the knit picks cables.

ruvo44
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM

justplaincharlotte
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
That free shipping on a $50 order could be a real problem. I just waited till I had a big order I wanted to make. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Knit Picks needles and cables are interchangeable with the Knitters Pride ones.

That free shipping on $50 orders was the death of my pocketbook for awhile!:roflhard:

Looking forward to your report on the compatibility of knit picks with knitters pride, and how much fun you'll have with your new ball winder. :muah:

Wanda Witch
03-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Also, the other way around. I like that.:cool:

GrumpyGramma
03-10-2012, 06:09 PM
That free shipping on $50 orders was the death of my pocketbook for awhile!:roflhard:

Looking forward to your report on the compatibility of knit picks with knitters pride, and how much fun you'll have with your new ball winder. :muah:
My order shipped Wed. so I'm hoping it will be here Mon. or Tues. Others say the Knitters Pride and Knit Picks are interchangeable, lucky me!

I won't be making another order from anyone for a while.