PDA

View Full Version : Will this decrease work on a hat (knit in the round)?

Antares
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm looking for a decorative decrease for a hat worked in the round, and I'm wondering if the Yarn Over Decrease Left-Slant (shown in the Decrease section of KH) will work. If so, I would need to work it over 4 stitches, right? And the next round would be worked with the YO in the middle of the decreases--is that correct?

suzeeq
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
The YO will leave a hole, like lace, so that may not be what you want in a hat. If you do, yes it's worked over 4 sts and the YOs would stack over each other.

Most hats are kX sts, k2tog all the way around. Usually you work a plain round between the dec rounds, then each dec round is one less knit st between k2togs. When you get down to aobut 3 or 4 sts between decs, then you'd do that on every round.

Antares
03-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Sue.

I'm looking for a holey decrease, so perhaps I can make this work.

suzeeq
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Okay then, that should work out for you. But you'd still probably want a plain round between the dec rounds or it'll be too short.

Antares
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Okay then, that should work out for you. But you'd still probably want a plain round between the dec rounds or it'll be too short.

Great! I'll give it a shot and see if one plain round between decreases is enough.

Thanks again.