PDA

View Full Version : Working stitches into double yo's

Antares
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I've just started the gemini tee (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss12/PATTgemini.php), I'm on round 2, and I have a question about how to work the double yo's.

Here's the pattern for rounds 1 and 2:

Round 1: K to first marker, sm, *k1, [k2tog, yo twice, k2tog] to last st before next marker, k1, sm, repeat from * twice more; k to end of round.

Round 2: K to first double yarn over, *k1, p1 into double yarn over, k2, repeat from * until final double yarn over has been worked, k to end of round.

For the section in bold I have 1 st for the k2tog and the yo wrapped twice around the needle, but the directions say to k1, p1 into yo and then knit 2. Does that mean I k1 into the first st, k1/p1 into the first loop of the yo, and then k1 into the second loop of the yo? Otherwise I run out of stitches before I get to another double yo!

Also, if I do k1/p1 into the first loop, I do this without dropping the stitch off the left needle, right (kind of like a kfb)?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

suzeeq
03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
No you simply knit into one loop of the double YO and purl into the other loop; the k2 is separate from the double yo as shown by the comma between the instructions.

Antares
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Sue. I thought that was what I was supposed to do!

salmonmac
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, knitting into the double yo is like doing kfb. When you go to do this youíll find that itís not really two loops but one big loop. I think they want you to k1, p1 into the double yo, then go on to the next 2sts and knit each one of them. Most of the time the 2 knit sts will be the single sts from the k2tog in the previous row.

Antares
03-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Salmonmac. Your reply, along with Sue's, has really helped clear this foggy matter up for me!