PDA

View Full Version : just learning how to knit

scieska
03-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello my name is Desiree,

I live in the Bahamas I am married and have two kids.

I would love to learn how to knitt so that i can pass this knowledge onto my daughter as well as my sunday school class. I would appreciate any advice and tips you can provide.:hug:

Thank you in advance

Desiree

Ingrid
03-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Check out the videos at the top of the page--everything you need to know from beginning to end.

Any questions or concerns you have are always welcome and are answered promptly. Remember that NO question is too simple. We were all beginners at some point. :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
First of all welcome to Knitting Help!!

My suggestions...

Size US 8 or 9 needles
Smooth, light colored worsted weight yarn (no novelty yarn because it's too hard to see your work when you're new)

Now learn to cast on.. try the knitted, cable or long tail cast on and avoid the single or backward loop. It's not a good cast on for the beginning of a project.

Then learn to knit and purl. There are a couple methods demonstrated. Try them both and see what works for you. They are both EQUALLY good methods.

If you have questions feel free to ask! :thumbsup:

GrumpyGramma
03-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi. Welcome to KH and the world of knitting!

JLynn
03-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the world of knitting.....Once you figure out which way you want to knit continental or english then the rest is easy.:knitting: