PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a ditz...

livn4them
03-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Making leg warmers for dd. Right one is done, and I had no problem....left one is another story. I *thought* it was going well, I was almost done with the 4th spiral. Doesn't look ANYTHING like the right one....So, what do I do?! RIP IT ALL OUT, all the way to the beginning. Now I can start over :(

That was SUCH a waste of time.

Jan in CA
03-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I hate when that happens! What's different?

GrumpyGramma
03-24-2012, 10:13 PM
That's no fun. I've done that before. Have you already frogged?
If you did already frog them, you might consider 2 @ a time. I find it's easier to get a matched set that way. I really don't like one sock or leg warmer longer or shaped differently from the other.

I feel your pain.

livn4them
03-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure I can explain it, the hole (created by the yo), was MUCH bigger and obvious than on the left, the *spiral* on the left was not as visible as on the right....(this might be because I'm not doing the *ssk* properly?)

The spiral is reversed on the Left. Let me see if I can link the pattern.....

http://lilliputianstitches.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/spiral-legwarmers/

The pattern isn't difficult, but obviously, *I* didn't do something right! (OH....and I didn't move my stitch marker over as directed)....yes, that made a difference too! I didn't understand WHY I needed to do that, but now I do.

suzeeq
03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
The holes from YOs are sometimes different sizes depending on what sts are before and after them, or which side of a dec they are. There's really not a big difference and they'll even out when you wash or block the item.

Jan in CA
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
If you actually did something wrong and/or you can't live with them as they are then definitely frog the second one and reknit it. That's how I'd handle it.

Cute pattern btw!

GrumpyGramma
03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Those are very nice, I think I'll try them. If you have to frog and rework one I say it's worth the effort.