PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cardigan Finished

TEMA
03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I started this sweater a few months back and finished it about 2 months later... unravelled it as it didn't fit at all and knit it up again. Wore it out to lunch with my daughter and she took a look at it and said.. Mom you are not as fat as you think you are, you shouldn't be wearing fat clothes.
Hurt my feelings something awful... but then I thought about it and decided she was right. The sweater did nothing for me.
Well, I didn't feel like frogging it again so I decided to fix the neckline with some crocheting, leave the neck open like a v, take out the zipper from the front, attach a bow to the back so I could have a bit of a pleat there.
Then I added buttons to one side and crocheted some loops for the buttons. That's where I lost another inch and I think that's about it.
I do hope my picture shows up... there should be two of them. One shows the upper part of the sweater, minus my face, and the other shows a big of the bow.
Here goes....

TEMA
03-24-2012, 09:26 PM
OOOOOHHHHH, I love it!
TEMA :knitting:

GrumpyGramma
03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
:yay: Oh, yeah! I think your modifications are what really made it! Very nice, definitely impressive. You look good in it. You should be proud of what you've accomplished. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Funny how daughters say things like they do. Mine wants me to quit wearing blue all the time. What can I say, I like blue. I'm working on a sweater for me that isn't blue and I'm trying to get it to fit. I like my clothes loose but concede it's not totally necessary all the time.

Jan in CA
03-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Looks great!!

salmonmac
03-25-2012, 06:18 AM
A success! You made very clever design changes and they all work. I love the color and the fit. The sweater looks great on you.

MerigoldinWA
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Good, clever job on the modifications! You did a lot of good thinking on this. I'm glad you didn't have to rip it out again. :-)

Antares
03-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Very stylish embellishments there, TEMA!! I'm sorry your daughter said what she did and hurt your feelings! That's a real bummer; nonetheless, the end result looks quite stunning on you! She can't complain now!

ArtLady1981
03-30-2012, 08:44 PM
It really looks great! I do love that shade of blue, too!