PDA

View Full Version : Baby blanket opinions

vaknitter
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I made a cabled blanket for my first son and I realy enjoyed the pattern. I think cables are fun to knit and the blanket doesn't look too babyish. I am now expecting our second son and need to get yarn and get moving on his blanket. The question is do I use the same pattern and just different color yarn or should I find a different pattern altogether so that they each have their own unique blanket?

Jan in CA
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't think it matters. If you enjoyed it I say get a new color for the new baby. :thumbsup:

suzeeq
04-04-2012, 11:07 PM
They'll be unique enough with different colors. If you like the pattern, do it again.

KnittingElf
04-05-2012, 04:42 AM
I personally think it's kind of sweet for them to have the same blanket, but different colors.

knitcindy
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
If you like the cable pattern AND are able to whip it out QUICKLY, then I'd say just get some new colors of yarn and get to knitting!!! 'Cuz, let me tell you, once son #2 has made his arrival----you won't have much time left for knitting!!!!

Blessings to you and your family!!!
knitcindy

Antares
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
For what it's worth, here's my two cent's: Look through some patterns first and see if you find another blanket you like better. There are tons of other cabled blankets out there, and it might be fun to try something new.

And congratulations on the expansion of your family!

fatoldladyinpjs
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I knit a white one for my new grandbaby. It's her favorite. Cast on a multiple of 4. It's knit one row, purl one row, knit 2, purl 2 for two rows. Repeat these four rows for pattern. This is waffled and looks like the knit on long underwear.