PDA

View Full Version : Help with milk run shawl pattern

Buggy2love
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
I know there has to be something I am missing. I am doing the milk run shawl on ravelry. I make it to the end of shawl body row 4and than I am confused on how to continue. The pattern says to continue to increase by 4 stitches every rs row until 293 stitches. I can do 4 increases but I am not sure where or when. If I repeat the 4rows before I end up with an uneven pattern. Help please!

suzeeq
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
No it's not repeating the previous 4 rows, just continue in pattern, which includes an inc at the beginning and end and in the center of the RS rows for 4 increases per RS row.

Buggy2love
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
How do I know when, where and how to increase. Normally the patterns I do lay out row by row so I am bit confused. Thank you for your quick response.

suzeeq
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Okay you have markers on the needle, row 3 reads -
"k3, sm, yo, k2, kfb, sm, k1, sm, kfb, k2, yo, sm, k3"

The k3 at the beg and end of the row are the edges, and there's a yo there; the k1 in the middle is the center stitch and you do kfb in the st before and after that.

Then you do a plain knit row on row 4 and all even numbered rows. Row 5 is like row 3 - k3 edge sts, yo, knit to the st before the next marker, kfb, k1 for the center stitch, kfb, and knit to the last 3 sts, yo and knit 3. Repeat that row until the right number of sts on the needle.