PDA

View Full Version : Question About Soft-as-a-Cloud Baby Afghan

venom996
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Hey everyone!! :)
I was shown the basics of knitting 4 months ago and have been obsessed ever since... I LOVE TO KNIT... I have knitted, [B]5 hats, 3 blankets, a baby coat w/cap with homemade clay buttons, and a scarf! :woohoo:
Ok, this may seem like a stupid question but boy, am I confused on this easy pattern! lol
The free pattern is here: ravelry.com/patterns/library/soft-as-a-cloud-baby-afghan

The pattern has the Pattern Stitch instructions and to the right of the page, the Afghan (Beg Pat) instructions. Which one (or both/back & forth?) do I follow for the baby afghan in the photo? I see where I'm suppose to cast on 106 sts (w/2 strands) but confused as to where I go from there... the Beg Pattern or the Multiple of 20 sts (Pattern Stitch) wth...? :shrug:
I would be so grateful for any help 'ya all can give me.:notworthy:
Thank you SO much!
~Shari

Antares
04-30-2012, 04:31 PM
You will be working both of these instructions together. Here's how it works:

The pattern says:

Beg pat
Row 1: K3, [rep Row 1 of pat] 5 times, k3
Row 2: K3, [rep Row 2 of pat] 5 times, k3

So it looks like you have a K3 border on either side of your pattern stitches and the pattern stitches are repeated 5 times.

That means you would k3, [*p1, k9, p9, k1, rep from * across] 5 times, and then k3 again for Row 1. Next, it looks like you do the k3 border and move to Row 2 of pattern, ending with the k3 border, of course. Continue in this manner throughout until you've repeated the pattern 9 times.

Does that help?

venom996
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh my goodness, YES IT DOES!! Thank you so, so much! Going to be a first time grandma any day now, so I truly appreciate it, Antares!

:muah:
~Shari

Antares
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Glad it was helpful and congratulations on your soon-to-be (and loads of fun) new role!!! Woohoo!

knitcindy
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
That looks like a beautiful baby blanket!! What color will you be making yours?

knitcindy