PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what this pattern is?

MissieCS
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi all! I have been looking for this pattern for years and being a beginner knitter I'm having a hard time figuring it out. It's the shawl worn by Nicole Kidman in the movie Cold Mountain. I've searched for years for a pattern and have never been able to find one. I even contacted the costumer of the film but never got a response. If anyone could please tell me what they think this pattern is I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for your help. Sorry about the pic, I had to keep croping until it fit the kb limit. :)

suzeeq
05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I think someone may have come up with a pattern or there's something similar on one of the forums at ravelry.com It's free to join and there's more patterns there than you can knit in a lifetime. Go to the main forums page and do a search for 'cold mountain shawl' and there should be at least a couple threads that mention it.

Antares
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I didn't see anything on Ravelry that was called "Cold Mountain Shawl" and that was linked to the movie (of course, I can't see original posters image, either).

However, you might start a blog post in the proper place on Ravelry and see if anyone can help you.

Jan in CA
05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I looked and saw one pattern by that name, but have no clue what the shawl actually looks like. There's a bazillion shawl patterns on there so I'm sure there is a similar one if not the exact one.

suzeeq
05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I know people have asked about it, saw the thread titles but didn't see the movie myself. Thanks everyone for searching.

MissieCS
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I am a member of Ravelry and have looked there several times. There is a Cold Mountain shawl but it doesn't look like the one in the movie at all. I tried to post a pic of it but it doesn't seem to have uploaded here in the forum. It kind of looks like a leaf pattern with a lot of holes. I'll keep looking. Thanks again!

knitcindy
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I never saw that movie, but here's a link to a shawl that you could check out:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-diam.html?noImages=

Maybe that's the one you're looking for?!?!?
knitcindy

MissieCS
05-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks knitCindy. I checked it out but I don't think that's it. I wish the pic I took would have uploaded. I'm going to try ravelry and see. I've been looking at patterns for about 10 years online now for this shawl...nothing!