PDA

View Full Version : need help with a pattern :(

Cherrin
05-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm trying to make the iphoodie: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/iphoodie-ipod-iphone-hoodie
here's where i'm getting stuck...:

Now you are ready for the increasing. Purl the next row then work as follows:
Row 1: K2, KFB, move marker, KFB, K2, KFB, move marker, KFB, K6, KFB, move marker, KFB, K2, KFB, move marker,
KFB, K2
Row 2: Purl all stitches

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until there are 10 stitches before the first marker and purl the next row

so does that mean after i complete row 1 and 2, it would be like k3, kfb, move marker, kfb, k4, kfb.. etc? so i keep doing a kfb before and after a marker? i tried that at first and the piece just got SO long from all the increases it just didn't fit on my needles! can someone help me understand this ><

suzeeq
05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Right, do a kfb in the st before and after the markers. You may need to switch to circular needles if there's going to be a large number of sts. If you do 12 more rows to get 10 sts before the first marker that will add 48 more stitches.

Ingrid
05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Looking at the pattern, you will have a total of 78 stitches before you remove 36 to scrap yarn for the sleeves. If they don't fit on 3 needles, you could go to 4 temporarily.