PDA

View Full Version : "lotus-blossom" blanket pattern--don't understand how to begin!

Mydela
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi all! I'm thrilled to have found this site and plan to use it often in the future.

I have found a beautiful baby blanket pattern that I would love to make. It is knit in the round and all the stitches used seem simple enough. My trouble is beginning. I don't understand the instructions.

First it says, "Cast on 8 sts using the disappearing loop method. Pull the cable through so you have 4 sts on each needle." So far so good. Then it says: "Work the following pattern four times on each round." I'm not sure what this means. It is followed by a set of 26 rows that makes up the pattern.

Even more confusing is the first knitted row: "K, 2yo, K." Is this what I am working four times on each round? Is my "round" my 8 sts? Any help is appreciated!

suzeeq
06-02-2012, 05:33 PM
You don't have to use the 'disappearing loop' method to CO, you can do a regular one, then join to knit in the round. Next there's a set of stitches that you repeat 4 times on each round for 26 trounds. On the first round yes, you repeat k 2yo, k 4 times. Knit 1, yo2, k1 and repeat - that takes 2 sts times 4 uses the 8 sts. At the end of this round you'll have 16 sts. I imagine you do a plain round after this, then another increase or pattern round.

Quiltlady
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I am glad you asked those questions because I had the same ones. I thought it was a type o on line 1.