PDA

View Full Version : King Cole round neck jumper

drnanogirl
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
As a new knitter, i decided i wanted to make something useful, and this jumper (pattern 2956) looked simple enough. However, i a having LOTS of problems interpreting the pattern (i seem to have to learn another language!). I don't have a problem with the stitches in themelves, it's the phrasing of the instrucions that's confusing me

for example:

Next row: K1, K2tog, K to last 3 sts, sl 1, K1 psso, K1.
Dec 1 st at each end of foll 6th row in this way. 41[43:......55]sts.
Work 9 rows straight in st-st

my question is this:
does the dec 1 st come as part as working the 9 rows in stocking stitch? (there are several similar instances of this 'phrase' in the pattern).

the next issue I have is:

cast off [2:3.....3] sts at beg of next 2 rows
Next row: K3, sl 1, psso, K to last 5 sts, K2tog, K3.
Next row: P2, K1, P to last 3sts, K1, P2
rep last 2 rows until 15[15: ......19]sts rem.

so for this bit, do i do the casting off as 2 rows of normal stocking stich, or are they part of the 'next row' sequence.

all help will be appreciated

Ingrid
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Next row: K1, K2tog, K to last 3 sts, sl 1, K1 psso, K1.
Dec 1 st at each end of foll 6th row in this way. 41[43:......55]sts.
Work 9 rows straight in st-st

You work the decrease row (in red) and then work 5 rows of stockinette even. Then work the decrease row again on the 6th row. Do this until you have however many stitches you need for your size.

Then work 9 rows of st st without decreasing.

so for this bit, do i do the casting off as 2 rows of normal stocking stitch, or are they part of the 'next row' sequence.==The are two rows by themselves. After you work them, you do the Next Row directions

drnanogirl
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM
thank you!

that's actually what i have been doing but it's looking quite long. i'll just wait and see i think.