PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Over-the-Knee Leg Warmers

cryaegm
06-23-2012, 01:52 AM
It's my own pattern, the one I created a thread about when I first joined (I asked about increases and what I could do). Well, I figured I'd create a thread to show what I have done so far, and after running out of yarn for the second leg warmer, I worked on my unborn nephew's baby hat (it fits my head, so if my sister doesn't like it, then I'll keep it for myself [kidding]) until I bought more yarn.

Anyway, here it is, not blocked, not put together yet. I want to do both at the same time, so I've put it off until I finish the other leg.

Leg one:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p4/Burning_Ashes/009-1.jpg
Leg two, 37 rows in:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p4/Burning_Ashes/005-23.jpg
For the increases, I did yox2 (there's four yox2 in the whole thing), then did a double increase on the 39th row and up (until the 103rd row). This vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qYe81lAT8) by knitpurlhunter shows the kind of increase I did. It worked out well, and I was able to keep my ribbing. :) I'm very happy with the results. And when I pinned it to see what it would look like on me, the center kind of looked like twigs.

Once I block and sew everything together, I'll post the finished results.

And of course, the pictures will be better. I just have the crappiest light for my room.

(There's also two decreases in there, but I forgot how I did them....It's two of the decreases this website shows; I'm sure I'll figure it out for the second one when I get there.)

Jan in CA
06-23-2012, 02:38 AM
:thumbsup: Looks great!

dturner
06-23-2012, 12:31 PM
They're looking good!

salmonmac
06-23-2012, 02:50 PM
It looks like you've really figured out the increases that you needed. Good for you. Leg warmers are really working out well.

nonny2t
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
It is lookin' good! They will be nice and warm.

cryaegm
06-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks, everyone. :) I'm almost done. Well, sort of. I somehow dropped a stitch twice and now figuring out how to pick it up again so I can move right along!

I may possibly have them done later today. :)

ETA: The dropped stitch has been fixed! My face of horror is now a face of smiles. Now, onward march!

Antares
06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
These are looking good--very classy! Can't wait to see the finished object.

ArtLady1981
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Lookin' great so far!!!! :thumbsup:

Woodi
06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I like it! Will look forward to you showing us both of them, on your legs (or a model if you can get someone to model for you).

cryaegm
06-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I like it! Will look forward to you showing us both of them, on your legs (or a model if you can get someone to model for you).

I'll have them done soon and post pics. I got a little distracted. I wanted to finish them last weekend, however, I got a call that I was hired at a place I put an application in, so I've been a bit busy working on that, plus working on writing. :) I'll have it done I hope this weekend. I really want to get them finished, especially since my sister's wedding is right around the corner and I want to wear them on that day before her wedding starts/have them when it gets cooler out.

TrishKnits
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow that looks like such hard work! Keep it up, it will definitely turn out amazing :D